How to run YouTube videos on your phone in the background without any charges
There is no need to get YouTube premium or any other 3rd party app for this feature.
Do you want to play YouTube videos in the background on your phone without paying the subscription fee of YouTube Premium? By the way, the official YouTube app for both Android and iOS does not allow this, but there is a quick solution to accomplish this.
If its music or ASMR you are listening to, it is convenient to play video in the background. Otherwise, you don’t always want to pause a video, especially a live stream, just because you quickly open another app like WhatsApp to respond to certain lessons. This guide will be useful for all these use cases.
Over the past few months, we have seen YouTube boost its YouTube premium service and the benefits it has over the ad-supported version. Now, one of the biggest features of this paid subscription is the ability to play YouTube videos in the background.
Who doesn’t want to listen to music or just do some other work on their phone, citing instructions from a tutorial in the background? You can play YouTube videos free of charge in the background by taking a few simple steps.
How to play YouTube videos for free in the background
By following this guide, you’ll be able to play YouTube videos in the background for free, and in the case you’re thinking, it works on both Android and iOS. Here’s how you can do it.
Steps of play YouTube videos in background on Android
- Open youtube.com on Google Chrome.
- Tap the vertical 3-dot icon on the top right and select Desktop Site after loading the page.
- Now open any video that you wan’t to play in background.
- On the following page, the replay of your video starts.
- Now exit the home screen but you’ll see that the video stops playing.
- Pull down the notification panel, and you’ll see your already played media control over the video.
- Now tap play and run in the background will begin with your video
Steps of play YouTube videos in background on iOS
Such moves can assist you in watching YouTube videos in iOS background
- Open youtube.com on Safari.
- Click the AA button in the top left corner, then go to Request Desktop’s website after the page is enabled.
- Now search any video and play it.
- Turn off your home screen once the video begins to play.
- Next, open Open Center on iPhones with Open ID by swiping down from the top-right from the top or bottom of the screen from the bottom of the screen without an ID.
- See the right top of the music control box. Tap Play now for background video play