How to hide your Instagram stories
As much as Instagram Stories encourages us to pay more attention to every detail of our lives, you probably want to have more control over who can actually see your life in snippets so here you learn how to hide your Instagram stories.
|Hide Instagram Stories|
A couple of months ago, Instagram launched a new feature that highlights stories by location or hashtag-meaning people who don’t follow you may stumble across updates to your story.
If you’ve enabled Instagram to know your location, at the top of the Explore page, you can see story updates such as “New York”, which includes many public stories from the accounts you follow.
Similarly, popular hashtags such as “#coffee” or “#shopping” will appear in the Explore tab.
While this feature is good for interesting profiles to discover or follow potential new areas in a city, it also gives your profile more exposure, whether you want it or not. So, if your account is public, but you don’t fancy Instagram being famous, here’s how to hide your stories from strangers on the Explore page.
Making your account private:-
First of all, the easiest way to make sure no one likes your story or to profile your profile is to switch your account to private, which means that you have to accept the requests.
To do this, select your profile icon on the bottom-right of the page, then the three dots menu on the top-right. From here, tap on Settings> Privacy> Account Privacy under the Settings> Category. Finally, adjust the personal account to toggle to green.
But, I do not want a personal Instagram account:-
Alternatively, if your profile appears on a popular location or hashtag story, Instagram has made it possible for you to choose on a per-photo basis.
If your story is depicted in a popular, public shared story, you will see a note on your story stating that it is portrayed. To delete your story, swipe to the scene list of your story. Then, select the X button on the upper-right hand side of the page and tap “Cannot be added to the story”.
Steps of Hiding stories:-
Well, there is a simple way to pick and choose who can see your stories. No, scratch, there are three simple ways to do it:
Directly from the stories menu
The fastest way to do this is directly from the Stories menu. Actually, Instagram introduced this feature two years ago.
- Once you post a story, click on the option ‘More’
- Select ‘Story Settings’
|Instagram story setting menu|
- In the ‘Story Settings’ menu, you should see the segment from Hide Story from’
- If you have not used this setting before, it will say ‘0 people’ (this number will depend on how many people you hide your stories from)
- Click on ‘0 people’
- This can pull up your followers list as well as a search area where you can filter them by your username.
|Instagram hiding menu|
- Select the people from whom you want to hide your story and click on the ‘tick’ sign on the top right corner.
- Boom! done
- A quick top-up: Once you hide a story from a certain user, your next stories will be invisible to them until you update their story settings.
Hide stories from some profiles
- Go to the profile of the person you want to hide your stories
- In the top right corner click on the three dots screen
- Several options should be drawn from that account, including the story Here your story
- Click on ‘Hide Your Story’
- Confirm that you want to do this by clicking on ‘Hide’
Show your stories only pre-selected ‘close friends’
- Go to your profile and hit the three dots menu in the upper-right corner
- ‘select friends’
- This should open a list of suggested contacts that you can add as ‘close friends’.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button to add users to that list
- When you worked on adding close friends, head to stories and chose an image that you want to post as usual.
- Post the story by clicking the ‘Close Friends’ button – it will only send that story to your pre-approved list