Deactivate or delete your Instagram account
Instagram offers you the option of temporarily deactivating your Instagram account or deleting it permanently.
|Delete Insta account|
Instagram is one of the most common picture sharing and short video sharing sites.While initially popular among celebrities was the platform launched back in October 2010, it has recently emerged as a place for individuals to highlight public issues. We recently saw Instagram as a medium against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) in India and the 2019 Hong Kong protests. Saying that, like Facebook and other social media platforms, Instagram also finds many posts that spread fake news and misinformation. This may be the reason you want to deactivate your Instagram account, or it may be that social media has become too much for you.
To disable, Instagram offers two options. You can either temporarily deactivate your account or permanently delete your profile, as well as delete photos, videos, comments, likes and followers. If you have decided to go ahead completely, then you should go with the option to delete your account.
How to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account?
To temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, you will need to follow the steps below.
- Login to your Instagram account from a mobile browser or computer by going to Instagram.
- Tap or click your profile icon from the top-right corner, and then choose the Edit Profile option.
- Now, scroll down and then temporarily tap or click on the My Account option in the bottom right.
- Instagram will show you a page with a drop-down menu why are you disabling your account? You have to choose an option from the menu and then enter your password. The drop-down menu includes options such as people can’t get to follow, worried about my data, Just need a break, privacy concerns, too busy / too distracting, too many ads, and some want to delete. If you do not want to specify your reason for temporary inactivity, you can also choose some more options.
- Tap or click on the temporarily disable account button to complete the deactivation process.
|temporary delete insta account|
It is worth noting that you cannot temporarily deactivate your account using the Instagram app on your mobile devices. Also, if the account has been deactivated, you can reactivate it only by logging back. Once you reactivate your account, your Instagram profile, pictures, comments and likes will be covered. In addition, your Instagram account can only be temporarily deactivated once a week.
If you did not want to deactivate your account, but want to make changes to accommodate your privacy and preferences, Instagram has provided options for people who want your posts to be private or blocked.
Having said that, if you don’t want to deactivate but permanently delete your Instagram account, there is a different solution.
How to permanently delete your Instagram account?
If you want to permanently delete your Instagram account, you need to follow the steps below. It is important to note that once you delete your account, you cannot sign up again using the same username or add that username to another account. Instagram cannot reactivate any deleted account.
- To permanently delete your Instagram account, go to Delete your account after logging into Instagram on the web.
- Hey, you have to choose an option from the drop-down menu why are you deleting your account? There are lots of advertising options, privacy concerns, concerns about my data, another account created, Trouble is starting, wanting to get something out, and can’t get people to follow. Instagram will provide links to some articles in the Help Center related to your cause. You can also select something more titled from the drop-down menu if your specific reason is not in the list.
- Now you will have to re-enter your password.
- Click or tap the Delete My Account button permanently.
|permanently delete Insta account|
Once you permanently click or tap the button on my account, your photos, comments, likes and followers on Instagram will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Also, as mentioned above, you will not be able to sign up again in the future using the same username.